Monday, March 8, 2010

Yeeeh, Spring Break!

Here I am, enjoying my Spring Break (thank goodness!), and I've just realized that it's about time to actually start this blog up! I've been home for a couple days now and was planning on making at least 2 great meals before the week was up but alas~ 3 days have gone by already and I have yet to make anything more than a few salads, a grilled cheese, and a poached egg... damn.

Guess I'll start with one of those then! & I was thinking the poached egg. Funny thing is I saw this idea to poach an egg in a microwave back in January (don't remember where, sorry!) and it really appealed to me because 1. Breakfast is my favorite meal E V E R 2. Eggs are yummy and 3. I have a microwave in my dorm room, making this procedure quick and easy!


[Tools&Ingredients]
microwave
a mug or bowl
1 toothpick
a few tablespoons of water
splash of vinegar
1 egg
(optional) salt & pepper, toast, cheese, hot sauce, etc.




1) Fill the mug with a little bit of water, just enough to cover the top of the egg when you crack it.
2) Crack the egg into the water, adding more water if necessary.


3) Poke a few holes into the egg yolk so that it doesn't explode in the microwave.
4)Pour a splash of vinegar into the mug...this helps keep the yolk and egg white together in the water.
5) Place the mug into the microwave and set the cook time between 45 and 55 seconds, less time for runny yolk, more time for harder yolk.


Voila!, a poached egg in under a minute. It may not be the prettiest sight but it most definitely compliments a breakfast of any kind, be it toast, hasbrowns, or bacon


Enjoy* : )

No comments:

Post a Comment